For most Cleveland, OH homeowners, a do-it-yourself roof repair or installation project is generally not an option and by hiring a professional Cleveland roofer, you can live comfortably in your home without worrying about the leaky ceilings or water-filled attics caused by inferior roofing materials or incorrect roofing installations. Still, finding a skilled roofer can be a challenging job. If you hire a company with a poor quality of workmanship that relies on inexperienced roofers, you’ll end up spending even more money in the long run to fix any mistakes they make. It’s important to put the time and effort necessary into finding the right roofing contractor so you can make sure to protect not only your loved ones, but your most valuable asset, your home, as well.
How to Find a Cleveland, OH Roofer
There are several different methods you can use to find the most reliable and dependable roofing company for your roofing project. By going online and searching the yellow pages, you’ll be able to search for Cleveland roofing contractors with the right amount of expertise to repair, remodel, or install your new roof. You can also seek out recommendations from friends, family members, or neighbors. You can rest assured that any referrals they give to you will be based on their own positive, personal experiences with that roofing company. Trade associations are also an excellent source of information as they will provide you with listings of licensed contractors in your area, usually searchable by city and zip code, making it simple to find expert professional roofers in your area.
How to Interview Roofing Companies
Once you’ve finished searching the yellow pages, requesting personal referrals, or reviewing contractor association listings, you will need to choose three of the best roofing companies to interview. It’s so important to take the time and interview and few different companies, so that you can find the best fit for your roofing project. And, when you go to meet with these prospective contractors, there are a few things you’ll want to make sure you do.
– Ask for a copy of the contractor’s license. Ohio law requires all roofing contractors to be licensed and construction companies must undergo both professional, written testing and criminal history checks. They must also purchase a bond. By making sure the company you choose is both licensed and bonded, you, as the homeowner, will be protected by the Department of Consumer Affairs Trust Fund if something goes wrong during the course of the job. This organization may be able to take action and recover any losses due to improper conduct on the part of your contractor.
– Take the time to review the contractor’s insurance coverage and request copies of the certificates. All licensed contractors are required to purchase general liability and workers compensation insurance in order to maintain their state licensing.
– Request to see customer references. Once you’ve obtained the references from your potential roofer, follow up with these past customers to find out more about their experience with the roofer and the company’s level of service and quality.
– Learn about the quality of materials used by the roofing company. Every contractor relies on different materials and product brands for their roofing work. Find out all the information you can about the products they prefer to use when it comes to roofing tiles, shingles, and underlayment. When you invest in a new roof, you want it to last for as many years as possible so it’s important to make sure your contractor plans to use only the best quality materials for the job.
– Know what the company guarantees. Do they offer written guarantees or warranties on the quality of their workmanship and the products that they use?
– Get everything in writing. It is impossible to overemphasize how important it is to secure written proposals or estimates prior to hiring a roofing contractor. Make sure that the estimates each company gives you include work time frames as well as complete pricing information so that you are not only aware of the cost of the project but how long it will take as well.
After you’ve finished interviewing the prospective roofing companies, contact your local licensing authorities to verify the contractors’ licensing status and check for any complaints on file. The Better Business Bureau is also an excellent resource to learn more about any consumer complaints and local company ratings. Choosing the right Cleveland, OH roofing contractor for your project is essential when planning any home repair. To ensure the job will be completed to your satisfaction and expectations, it is vital to have a clear understanding of what to expect from any roofing company you hire.