If you need to have your roof repaired, remodeled or a completely new roof installed, then hiring a reputable Cleveland, OH roofer is the best decision you can make because it will be sure to save you from any headaches or costly repairs down the road. For simple construction jobs, amateur contractors or do-it-yourself friends may have the ability to handle the project but when it comes to your roof it’s best to hire a true professional. Poor roofing repair jobs or badly done roofing installations will ultimately lead to future leaks, costly repairs, and a visually unappealing home. Your roof is a vital component of your home; it not only protects you from inclement weather, it is also incredibly important aspect of the aesthetic value of your home. In order to save yourself both time and money in the long run, it is incredibly important to do your research and find potential roofing contractors who are truly skilled professionals, capable of getting your roof into the best condition possible with both quality materials and expert workmanship.
Important Questions to Ask Your Next Cleveland, OH Roofing Contractor
Before you hire a potential roofing contractor for your next home improvement project, it is of the utmost importance to take some time and get the answers to the following questions. Without the right information, you won’t able to make the best decision and will run the risk of hiring the wrong person for the job.
– Is there a valid business location and working phone number for the company? Oftentimes companies will only maintain a post office box rather than a physical location. These are not the type of roofing companies you want to hire. Rather, you need to look for an established contractor with physical roots in your community.
– Is the contractor licensed and insured? State law requires that roofing contractors carry both licensing and commercial insurance. Without that insurance coverage, you, the homeowner, are not protected in the event of an injury occurring to any of the contracted employees working on your home and you won’t be protected if the contractor or their employees cause any damage to your home during the job.
– Does the company use subcontractors? Even though your contractor may have a license and insurance, that doesn’t mean the subcontractor will. It is imperative that you make sure any subcontractors working on your project are also licensed, bonded and insured for your protection.
– Does the contractor offer references from past work? Most reputable roofers will have references from past customers available for you along with a portfolio of examples from some of the past roof installations and repairs that they have performed.
– Do they offer you a warranty? Generally there are manufacturer warranties available to you which cover the roofing materials used for the project and a workmanship guarantee from the contractor for the work they complete on your home. Without these warranties the work done and the products used are not guaranteed in case any problems arise, so it is very important to ask about all of the warranties available to you.
– Have there been any complaints filed against the roofing contractor? No company is perfect, but it’s necessary to know how a company responds to any complaints. Make sure to check with the Better Business Bureau and your state’s licensing authorities to learn about any complaints against the contractor that may have been filed.
– Does the company provide you with a written contract? You need to have everything provided in writing so that both you and your contractor understand the agreed upon scope of work, completion time frame, clean up policies, and available guarantees.
What You Should Expect from a Reputable Roofing Company
Once you’ve determined that they offer a trustworthy service, you should expect the roofing contractor you hire to advise you on what work is necessary, the best products for the job, and how much the project will cost. Then the roofer should be able to complete your roofing project within an acceptable and agreed upon time frame. Most importantly, you should always expect to receive quality work that meets your family’s budget. Selecting a reputable Cleveland, OH roofer may take some extra time and research but, once you’ve found the right professional contractor, your efforts will pay off with the quality craftsmanship, reliable service, and properly done work you’ll receive.